November 6, 2017
Medical Radiation Technologists Week is November 6 to 12!
Medical Radiation Technologists (MRTs) across Canada will be celebrated for their work during Medical Radiation Technologists' Week, Nov 6 - 12, 2017. These nationally certified technologists and therapists are committed to delivering compassionate care to patients, while delivering critical “high-tech” services to physicians and other healthcare professionals.
MRTs at HPHA!
- At HPHA we have over 50 Medical Radiation Technologists and Diagnostic Sonographers.
- MRTs are supported by14 receptionists, booking clerks and administrative support staff, plus one nurse and two porters.
- Each year the Imaging Department supports and teaches three MRT students from Fanshawe College and two or three Ultrasound students from the Mohawk/McMaster program.
- Five radiologists work alongside the Imaging staff.
- So far in 2017 over 78,000 exams have been performed. These include exams in all modalities.