What's For Dinner? Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic Kale & Pork Chops
The slight sweetness of the sweet potatoes, the garlicky kale and the juicy pork chop make for a delicious, easy, quick, weeknight dinner.
For the pork chops:
- 2 boneless pork chops, 3oz each
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the sweet potatoes and kale:
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub each pork chop with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Set the chops aside.
- Set a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add in the last teaspoon of olive oil. Add the pork chops to the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the pork chops to the oven and roast until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes (if using a thermometer, the pork chops should register at 140 degrees in the thickest part.) Transfer the cooked pork chops to a plate and pour any pan juices into a small bowl and reserve. Let the pork chop stand for least 5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Once you transfer the pork chops into the oven, also place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 7 minutes or until cooked to your preference and then divide into two plates and immediately add in the rest of the olive oil and kale into the skillet. Cook the kale for 1 minute and then add in the garlic. Cook the kale and garlic for 3-5 more minutes or until kale is wilted and cooked. Divide the kale into the plates with the sweet potato noodles.
- Top each plate with a pork chop and drizzle over the sweet potatoes and kale with the reserved pan juices. Serve immediately.