March 16, 2018
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 those living with diabetes and their caregivers are invited to attend the 24th Annual Huron Perth Diabetes Day presented by the Huron Perth Diabetes Education Program.
This year's event takes place at the Mitchell Arena and Community Centre and will feature the following guest speakers:
- Teresa Fowler, “Fibre: What You Need to Know”. Teresa is a Registered Dietitian at the Happy Valley Family Health Team in St. Marys.
- Sandra Mohr, “Sleep Apnea and Diabetes”. Sandra is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Certified Respiratory Educator. She is a Manager at Horizon ProResp, a community –based respiratory company, and specializes in CPAP for Sleep Apnea, Respiratory Care and Complex Respiratory Care.
- Sonya Such, “Foot Care Management”. Sonya is Chiropodist with a diploma in Podiatric Medicine. Sonya specializes in the assessment and management of the foot and lower limb and care of the diabetic and arthritic foot, including ulcers and wounds.
- Mike Masse, “A Practical Path to Mindfulness”. Mike is a holistic therapist who specializes in applying mindfulness techniques to help adults reduce stress and anxiety.
“Knowledge is power,” says Aileen Knip, Registered Nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator. “The more information you can arm yourself with the better you can manage your diabetes.”
Lunch will be served and local vendors and blood glucose meter representatives will be on hand for demonstrations.
This year's event starts at 9:30 am and wraps up at 3:00 pm.
“Each year our participants tell us what an empowering day this is for them,” adds Knip. “The advice from our speakers and the peer to peer support is something that is valued.”
To register for this event, please visit the Huron Perth Diabetes Education Program's website at www.huronperthdiabetes.com or call 519-272-8210 extension 2365 by April 17, 2018. There is a registration fee of $20.00 (includes lunch).
Victoria Zimmer, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator and Aileen Knip, Registered Nurse & Certified Diabetes Educator of the Huron Perth Diabetes Program invite those living with diabetes and their caregivers are invited to attend the 24th Annual Huron Perth Diabetes Day on April 24th!
Event Details – 24th Annual Huron Perth Diabetes Day Presented by the Huron Perth Diabetes Education Program
- Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- Location: Mitchell Arena & Community Centre, 185 Wellington St., Mitchell
- Time: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Cost: $20 (includes lunch)
- Register by April 17, 2018 by calling 519-272-8210 Extension 2365 or by visiting www.huronperthdiabetes.com
- Registrations received after April 17, 2018 will be charged an additional $5.00.