What's for Dinner? Leek, Mushroom & Cheese Frittata
This versatile light supper, lunch or brunch frittata is easy to make and ultra-flavourful with its garlic-and-herb cream cheese. Serve with crusty multigrain bread and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.
Image: Dietitians of Canada
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
To broiler proof your skillet, wrap handle in foil.
1 Tbsp butter
2 cups sliced, halved, well-washed Ontario leeks (2 to 3 leeks)
2 cups sliced Ontario mushrooms
1 pkg (113 g) cream cheese with garlic and herbs
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
- In large ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms; cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese to soften. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet and stir gently with wooden spoon to combine.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; cook until set and lightly puffed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Broil until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.