Patient Partners share their valuable insights and first-hand knowledge of how services impact patients and their families. They serve in a volunteer capacity and work together with staff, leaders and physicians to acknowledge both exemplary care and areas for improvement. They also provide input and influence on the policies, programs and practices that impact the quality of care and services that individuals and their families receive at HPHA.
Patient Partners may become involved in:
- Story Sharing – sharing their hospital and care experiences with staff, physicians, leaders and other patients.
- Committee Membership – by having direct input and influence in committee meetings with staff, physicians, leaders and other Patient Partners, working together to identify and resolve issues that result in improvements to the quality of care and patient experience. In addition to patient care issues, Patient Partners provide input into organizational processes, facility design, education, research and patient safety.
- New Hire Orientation Participation
- Committee Participation: Quality, Unit Action Councils, Medical Advisory, Patient Partnership Council
- Stroke to Stoke Peer Visit Program
- Project Involvement
- Designing Patient Education
- Participate on interview panels with leaders
There are many ways to participate. We match Patient Partners based on their interest, experience and availability.
Click here to apply!