January 11, 2018
Changes to Emergency Department Registration Process at Clinton Public Hospital
Patients presenting to the Emergency Department at the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance - Clinton Public Hospital between the hours of 8:00 pm and 8:00 am will complete a telephone registration effective January 14, 2019.
Currently this registration is completed by nursing staff between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. This change will ensure accurate patient registration data while allowing nursing staff to focus on patient care.
Effective January 14, 2019 the steps for Emergency Department Registration will be as follows:
- Upon arriving at the Emergency Department, please use the intercom to gain entry.
- Have your Health Card ready.
- Upon entering the Emergency Department Lobby, pick up the phone on the wall straight ahead of you.
- Dial extension 2929. You will be connected with a staff member who will take your information and register you over the phone.
- Have a seat in the Waiting Room until Nursing Staff takes you to the Emergency Department. If your condition changes while you are waiting, please notify staff.
Emergency Department Tips
Remember to bring the following items with you to the Emergency Department:
- Your Ontario Health Card. If you live outside Ontario please bring your medical insurance information.
- Your prescription and non-prescriptions medications including vitamins and herbal remedies.
- Any other important information about allergies or other medical conditions you may have.
- Your extended/private health insurance in case you need to be admitted.
For more information about this change in process please contact:
Carrie Mills, Manager, Patient Registration and Health Information
1-888-275-1102 Ext. 2320 or email@example.com