April 1, 2019
What is MyChart?
MyChart is a free, secure online tool that gives patients easy access to their health information, any time, from anywhere. Patients can view test results and other clinical records, enter personal health information, share their records and securely message their physician or healthcare professional*.
*Secure messaging is an optional feature that may not be available from all physicians or healthcare providers.
How do I register?
Now available at all HPHA hospital sites (Clinton Public Hospital, St. Marys Memorial Hospital, Seaforth Community Hospital and Stratford General Hospital), patients, or a substitute decision maker, can now register for a MyChart account in person at their next appointment.
When you sign in for your appointment:
- You, or your substitute decision maker will be required to provide a valid email address at registration during your next in-person appointment.
- Immediately after providing your email, Sunnybrook Health Sciences will send you an email from the email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a link to http://www.mychart.ca/ and a four digit PIN to complete registration.
- You will be required to register using other identifiers, including: your name, birthdate, gender and Ontario Health Card Number.
Note: If you do not receive an email with a four digit PIN from “email@example.com”, please check your Spam/Junk folder. If you have done so and have not received an email with your PIN, please call the Sunnybrook MyChart support line at 1-833-221-2202.
What information will I see in MyChart?
MyChart allows you to:
- View your medical information online, including lab results, medication lists, pathology reports and more
- Share your records with friends, family and health care providers who you delegate access
- Input and manage information in your personal health record, such as medications, allergies, blood pressure and weight. This information can be viewed by health care providers who you allow access to your MyChart
- Securely message with those who you have given access to your MyChart account
How long before I see the results?
Some results are subject to a delay to provide doctors and health care professionals with enough time to meet with you to review sensitive test results. Most records will be made available to you after they are available to your clinicians:
||Delay (business days)
||Delay (business days)
The following sensitive information will not be available for anyone under the age of 16:
- Forensic tests
How secure is health information in MyChart?
MyChart is secured through the same encryption technologies used by the major banks for online banking.
Questions about your results?
Your clinicians can discuss your test results with you at your next appointment.
Concerns about correct records?
If you are concerned about how correct the MyChart records are, please contact the Health Records Department at 519-272-8210 ext 2925.
Please contact MyChart's support staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-833-221-2202.