What's For Dinner? One Pan Lemon Pepper Fish & Veggies
Cooking your whole meal in one pan makes dinner very easy to prepare. With the classic flavour of lemon pepper this fresh fish will spark second helpings.
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 lb Fresh pickerel, perch, haddock or walleye
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 Small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp White wine
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, rasped
- Pinch each dried oregano and basil leaves
- Place fish fillets in parchment paper lined 13 x 9 inch (3 L) baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon, pepper and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt. Sprinkle with carrot, zucchini and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, wine, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil and remaining salt. Drizzle over top of vegetables.
- Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes when tested and vegetables are lightly golden.
Nutrition information per serving:
- Calories:194 kcal
- Protein:23 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Sodium:317 mg
- Calcium:140 mg
- Iron:2 mg
Recipe Source: Dietitians of Canada
Are you or someone you love living with Diabetes? Find out about the services offered by our Diabetes Education Team by clicking here!