Please note, this is a reissue of our HPHA Restricting Visitors at All Hospital Sites story - posted on March 19, 2020 and since archived.
March 25, 2020
The health and safety of our patients, families, caregivers, staff and physicians is of the utmost priority for the Huron Perth Healthcare Allliance (HPHA) during the COVID-19 challenges. Therefore, HPHA has activated restrictions for hospital entrances and Family and Caregiver presence at our four hospital sites.
Entrances are limited to:
• Clinton Public Hospital – Emergency Department
• St. Marys Memorial Hospital – Main Entrance
• Seaforth Community Hospital - Main Entrance
• Stratford General Hospital – Main Entrance or Emergency Department
Family/Caregiver presence will only be permitted under the following exceptional circumstances:
- Your loved one is receiving end-of-life care or is critically ill
- You are a care partner of a patient giving birth
- You are a parent of an infant or child in hospital
- You are a caregiver providing care and support to a patient who needs assistance to manager their acute and/or chronic condition and would otherwise be at risk if you were not available
Please note, only 1 (one) family member / caregiver will be permitted in these exceptional circumstances. Family member / caregiver must be 16 years of age or older. Active screening must be passed in order to enter the hospital.
Family members/caregivers will not be permitted to attend routine outpatient procedures.
“We understand the significance of family/caregiver support for patients while in hospital and we will do our best to ensure our patients and loved ones connect virtually and by telephone.” says Andrew Williams, HPHA President & CEO.
In order to facilitate family/caregiver connections, HPHA has free WiFi and will also ensure free telephone and television services are available to all patients as appropriate.
We thank you for your patience during these challenging times.