The Nursing Recognition Award for Exceptional Care is generously sponsored by the Tuer-Hodes family on an annual basis. The award is given during Nursing Week to an HPHA Nurse (NP, RN or RPN) who meet the following criteria.
- Possesses clinical expertise and knowledge in one or more areas of nursing practice
- Uses clinical expertise and ongoing learning to advance the scope of nursing practice
- Interacts collegially and professionally with both nursing and non-nursing practitioners to enhance the image of nursing
- Demonstrates nursing leadership and serves as a mentor/preceptor to others
- Advocates for Patient and Family Centered care
- Familiar with community affairs and participates in legislation and organizations that advance nursing practice.
- Congratulations to Jodilynn Taylor, RN
- 2019: Kate Steele, RN
- 2018: Judy Gardiner, RN & Linsey Van Kooten, RN