Stratford General Hospital
46 General Hospital Dr., Stratford, ON N5A 2Y6
519-272-8210 or Toll Free: 1-888-275-1102
HPHA is a Smoke-Free Alliance. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of all Hospital Sites, including grounds, parking lots and personal vehicles. All HPHA property within the City of Stratford is subject to the City of Stratford By-law #174-2003.By-law, Stratford and OPP officers all have the authority to enforce these legislative requirements including issuing fines.
Paid parking is available in Lot A on Cambria St with additional parking in Lot E on West Gore St. Lots K & L on John St also provide parking opportunities. Short-term parking for Emergency is available in Lot G on Cambria St. Parking Map
A number of parking discounts for frequent visitors and patients are available. Parking cards can be purchased as follows:
- Valid every day for one month from date of purchase
- Valid for 5 consecutive or non-consecutive days for a year
- Valid for 10 consecutive or non-consecutive days for a year
- Valid for 30 consecutive or non-consecutive days for a year
A deposit at time of purchase is required and is reimbursed once the card is returned. A fee is charged for lost or damaged cards. (Note: Cards may be damaged by excessive heat, cold and contact with magnets & chemicals).
In the event of a lost parking card, the Business Office in the West Building is to be notified by the end of the next business day. To obtain a parking card, a "Frequent Visitor Parking Card Request Form" is to be signed by the visitor or patient at the Business Office in the Main building, during normal business hours.
Tokens are also available in groups of 10 at a discount.
Parking Card Fees: $20 card deposit upon purchase, refunded upon card return
- $40.00 Valid every day for 1 month from date of purchase
- $37.50 Valid for 5 consecutive or non-consecutive days for 1 year
- $75.00 Valid for 10 consecutive or non-consecutive days for 1 year
- $225.00 Valid for 30 consecutive or non-consecutive days for 1 year
- $5.00 upon exit, coins or token
- $40.00 for 10 parking tokens
- $20.00 for 5 parking tokens
An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is available at the entrance to the West Building for your convenience.
Parking tokens can be purchased at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital and at the Business Office in the West Building. Change machines are located in the Emergency Department (East Building) and the Cafeteria (basement of the West Building). After hours parking tokens may also be purchased at Switchboard located on the first floor of the West Building.
All funds go towards operating and capital needs of the Alliance.
View our Parking Policy by clicking here.
In the Hospital
Patients, families and visitors to the Stratford General Hospital (SGH) should enter the facility using the Main Entrance accessed off of General Hospital Drive or the Courtyard Entrance off of West Gore St. Patients coming to Emergency should enter using the Emergency Entrance on Cambria St. Patients attending Outpatient Clinic appointments listed below between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday should enter using the West Building Entrance off West Gore St.
- West Building Outpatient Clinics include: Allergy, Antenatal, Bone Density, Cardiorespiratory, Diabetes Education, Echocardiogram, EMG, Hand Therapy, Internal Medicine, Laboratory, LRCC Cancer Clinic, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Orthopedic Clinic, Pediatric Diabetes, Pulmonary Function Test, Stress Test, Stroke Prevention & Yag Laser
Volunteers of SGH, on hand at the Information Desk located in the Lobby of the Main Building, are generally available to assist visitors to the facility from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with reduced hours on the weekend. If there is no one at the desk when you arrive and you require assistance, please enter the West Building and go to Switchboard, located across from Patient Registration.
SGH's "wayfinding" system is intuitive, incorporating colours, names and numbers. Learn how to read the signs so you can easily get to an appointment, visit or pick up a loved one.
Anatomy of the Room Number - E1-500
- "E" = Building - Indicates the building the room is in. E = East. There are three buildings at SGH. Each building has a colour designation, East = Yellow,West = Blue and Main = Green. The colour designation is shown on directional signs within the hospital to help users situate themselves and navigate their way to specific areas in the hospital. Additionally, in any public corridor where you cross into another building you will see beacon signs which will identify the building you are entering.
- "1" = Floor - Indicates the floor that the room is on.
- "500" = Room Designation - Odd and even numbers are placed on opposing sides of the corridors, similar to a street. Room numbering starts at major access points in the building (Elevators, Lobbies, Main Entrances). Every room has a clearly displayed room number beside the door. In addition, all room number signs within the hospital feature tactile Braille for the visually impaired.
Click here for a printable Site Map & Directory!
Families and other partners in care are welcome 24 hours a day according to patient preference, condition and care needs. Please check with unit staff about optimal visiting times for the patient. Learn more about our visiting guidelines.
Patient & Family Handbook for Stratford General Hospital
View our Patient & Family Handbook
Work or Volunteer at HPHA!
Stratford General Hospital Foundation
Visit the Stratford General Hospital Foundation website!
Help us improve our website! Take a quick survey about your visit to our website!