We know that leaving the hospital may be stressful as there are many things to keep in mind.
Below are some questions to keep in mind. If you don't know the answer to a question, please speak to a member of your health care team.
- Do you know when you will be leaving the hospital?
- Do you know if you will need supplies or equipment after you leave?
- Do you know who will be picking you up from the hospital?
- Do you have the prescriptions you need?
- Have any follow up appointments been made, if required?
- Do you have all the belongings you brought with you to the hospital (glasses, hearing aids, etc.)?
- Have all your questions been answered? For example:
- Dietary restrictions
- When to resume normal activities
- Medication Instructions
- What medications to take, and why you need to take them
- How much you need to take and when
- How to properly store medications
- What the possible side effects of the medications are and if the medications interact with any food
- Which medications at home must be discarded
- Any symptoms that you should watch for / be concerned about